This product may be purchased even when out of stock.
Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for the product to be brought in.
Build your child’s understanding of physical, life, and earth science with this full-color activity book! Engaging activities and hands-on projects will motivate your sixth grader to learn science concepts that are based on the most current science standards.
The simple experiments, using materials that can easily be found at home, help your child understand and retain science concepts in a memorable way.
Each lesson includes reading selections and activities that focus on one science concept, covering the following sixth grade topics:
Organisms and Ecosystems
Climate and Weather
- Inherited Traits
- Chromosomes and DNA
- Genetic Variation
- Artificial Selection
- What Causes Weather?
- Regional Climates: The Poles
- Global Climate Change
- Our Changing Planet
- Our Planet’s Interior
- Plate Tectonics
- Future Earth
Ideal for practice at home and classroom enrichment, Skill Sharpeners: Science:
- Potential and Kinetic Energy
- Thermal Energy
- Electrical Energy
- Chemical Energy
- provides practice of reading comprehension, vocabulary, and writing skills
- offers striking photography and scientific illustrations to help children connect science to the real world
- is based on Next Generation Science Standards and state science standards
- includes an answer key