This product may be purchased even when out of stock.
Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for the product to be brought in.
How Your Body Works covers these concepts:
- bodies change as they grow older
- the body has external and internal parts
- the brain controls the body and is the center of thinking
- we use five senses to find out about our world
- the body has lungs for breathing
- the body digests food for energy
- the heart pumps blood throughout the body
- bones support and help move the body, muscles help the body move.
A variety of engaging activities present the concepts in ways that students can understand. Each concept presented includes:
- teacher directions for lessons
- reproducible resource pages such as sets of picture cards, minibooks, and lab sheets to record the results of hands-on investigations